Forum sans frontières-without boundary Index du Forum

Forum sans frontières-without boundary

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Notice board-Panneau d'affichage 
Invité
Notre forum a une autre adresse http://connaitre-le-monde.xooit.com/index.php où nous vous attendons
Ce site n'est maintenant que les ARCHIVES de " Connaître le Monde Forum sans frontières "

Our forum has a new address http://connaitre-le-monde.xooit.com/index.php where we are waiting for you
This site is only the archives of " Connaître le Monde Forum sans frontières "
Egypt-Jordan- Israel
Aller à la page: 1, 2  >

Ce forum est verrouillé; vous ne pouvez pas poster, ni répondre, ni éditer les sujets.   Ce sujet est verrouillé; vous ne pouvez pas éditer les messages ou faire de réponses.    Forum sans frontières-without boundary Index du Forum -> Our quotidien- Everyday life -> carnets de voyages - trips diaries -> Archive 2010
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Teiwas
Modérateur
Modérateur

Australia -Red Center

MessagePosté le: 18/05/2010 04:11:12    Sujet du message: Egypt-Jordan- Israel Répondre en citant

20 days which passed as pass the dreams… but if, “a dream without stars is a dream forgotten” according to Paul Eluard, this last voyage will never be forgotten, because thousand of stars lit it. etoiles
What disappointed me? Rubbish in the streets of Cairo.
What agreably surprised me? Jordan.
What shocked me so much so that I nearly lose patience at the last check point ? The arrogance of the Israeli army and treatment of the Palestinians.
What I will always cherish? The friendship between the members of our small group.

All started in Cairo on April 24; a group of thirteen and we finished five in Jerusalem on May 14.

MessagePosté le: 18/05/2010 04:11:12    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Teiwas
Modérateur
Modérateur

Australia -Red Center

MessagePosté le: 18/05/2010 13:43:17    Sujet du message: Egypt-Jordan- Israel Répondre en citant

The hotel's swimming pool, seen from my room

First day: panoramic guided tour of du Cairo the largest metropolis of the arab world .Cairo is composed of districts extending on each side of the Nile : medieval Cairo harboring the majority of the islamic monuments; Khan el-Khalili, one of the oldest bazaars in the world ;the Citadel de la Citadelle whith the most beautiful mosques of the city; the "old Cairo" or Copte quarter with its synagogues and churches ;the island of Gezira the modern district in the middle of the Nile ...and of course the Giza Necropolis with its three pyramids and the Sphinx...

What pity that the pyramids are now so close of the city....unless it is the city which is too close of the pyramids

An excellent mean of transportation

One cannot go to Cairo without a visit to the Egyptian museum; the museum hosts all of the art of the Egypt of the Pharaohs.Only 120,000 items are on display, the remainder of the half million pieces are in storerooms.

As there is a crowd, I found the visit oppressing...pity amour

End of the day transfer to the railways station direction Luxor , 700km from Cairo .Sleeping wagons .. Diner and night on board ...egyptian trains Mr. Green a lifetime experience not to be missed.
Modérateur
Modérateur

Australia -Red Center

MessagePosté le: 24/05/2010 03:22:52    Sujet du message: Egypt-Jordan- Israel Répondre en citant

The australian compagny organising our trip is called: "Peregrine the spirit of Adventure"; therefore,"Adventure" is an entity , which has an Spirit who can bewitch clind

The word "peregrine" means to wander in open spaces; but it is not an useless wandering,but rather a pilgrimage of discovery...discovery od others and discovery of ourselves: "Lekh Lekha": go for yourself...go toward yourself .
My trip started on the Nile with our floating hotel :
and my cabin:
...There is nothing like small pace on a moving island to facilitate meditation and dreaming
Our little smimming pool , big enough to refresh our body while degusting a glass of egyptian wisky danse
Off course, my trip started before, but the touristic spots and the crowds are not my forte.I am happy to have seen the pyramids
and the sphynx....I think it was a sphinge if we believe its kind face ... but I prefer the human beings to the empty tombs by a long shot.

Modérateur
Modérateur

Australia -Red Center

MessagePosté le: 04/06/2010 02:35:57    Sujet du message: Egypt-Jordan- Israel Répondre en citant

300 ships navigate between Luxor et Aswan each week . What is amusing is to see those floating hotels side by side. Sometime we had to go through the hall of at least 4 boats to reach ours.
When one of them want to leave, it pushes the others to the left ...or to the right Laughing ...when it is gone, the others as one , come back on the right or on the left
ou leur gauche

Modérateur
Modérateur

Australia -Red Center

MessagePosté le: 04/06/2010 08:26:22    Sujet du message: Egypt-Jordan- Israel Répondre en citant

Luxor-(Thèbes) : Karnak, The Valley of the Kings, The Temple of Queen Hatsheput
We had the honor and the pleasure to have for guide an Egyptologist who shared with us the passion of his life, because he was born and still lives in the village close to Karnak.

We took horse drawn carriage to go to Karnak
Scale model of the Temple

I took a lot of photos, but they are exactly like the ones we can see in books or on the net

What is important to me, is that I found in these place : Spirituality ...The Mysteries, all those mystic feelings I have not found in the so called Holy Land. People of those eras lived with the gods and for the gods and those facts are still tangible today. We can erected huge buildings , like the towers of Dubbai , but they have no soul. amour

In Luxor there is a temple on an axis north-south aligned with the north side of Karnak, (Egyptian language "ipet resyt", or "the southern sanctuary") ,dedicated to Amun, Mut, and Chons The two temple were linked by a 2.5kms avenue , and works to excavate and restore replace homes ...the habitants are evacuated
to give way to the statues

The temple of Luxor was dedicated to the Theban triad made up of Amun (the Hidden), his wife Mut (the Mother) and her son Khonsu (the TravellerIt was called "the southern sanctuary", “Ipet resyt,” which mean Opet of the south or the place of retreat of Amun
The temple was the center of Opet Festival where a cult statue of Amun along with Mut was marched down the Nile from Karnak. The Luxor Temple has also some other groups of divinities including Iunet, Hathor,andAtum.

whose statues were discovered in a hidden storage room
South-western side of the forecourt of Amenhotep III, a group of statues representations of kings and divinities was unearthed at the beginning of the year 1989:
-A hole was dug in the court in order to determine why certain columns and architraves, the lower part of the horizontal architectural block posed on the top of the columns, moved, endangering the temple and the visitors These excavations uncovered a hidden room of storage which contained 26 well preserved statues of kings, queens and divinities. The nine most important objects of this group are exposed today to the museum of Luxor-
Modérateur
Modérateur

Australia -Red Center

MessagePosté le: 10/06/2010 07:40:46    Sujet du message: Egypt-Jordan- Israel Répondre en citant

The morning after
before departing for the Valley of the Kings a few of our group went to see Karnak from the « above» .It was the first time I climbed in a hot air balloon : it’s noisy, it’s hot, but it’s extra-super

The landing team
it’s like a footy team jumping to board but who in fact anchor the basket …you have to see it to believe it please super
Modérateur
Modérateur

Australia -Red Center

MessagePosté le: 12/06/2010 05:06:49    Sujet du message: Egypt-Jordan- Israel Répondre en citant

Theban Necropolis
The left bank of the Nile is the place of the “ Dead “and the right bank that of the Livings ...... I found the place of the “Dead”, more alive than that of the “Living” : I went for a visit on a donkey ...I will never forget this insane , but hilarious,race in the middle of circulation before arriving at an agricultural village Mr. Green
In Egypt there are no rules and cars, motor bikes, pedestrians adapt the best way than they can in this chaotic traffic :is necessary to pay attention to the car which comes from the right-hand side, the one which comes from the left, the one which comes from the front, the one which comes from behind and the one which comes… nobody known from where! Not easy when one does not know where one is going, and that the guide is a little boy who only says: “left”, right”, etc…from behind

Colossi of Memnom are all that remain of the burial temple of Amenhotep III) facing Louxor,on the western side western. 1390-1350 B..C.)

Citation:
Memnon, son of Eos and Tithonos, will have a black skin, like his brother Emathion .
Their chilhood will be spent by the side of Helios (The sun)
in the company of their mother ,the Goddess of the Dawn

Memnon and his brother will visit the hottest countries of Earth.
They will accompany the chariot of the God through the sky.
Memnon will become king of Ethiopia and Emathion that of Egypt.
He will seize Shushan at the end of a campaign in Persia.
He will come to the rescue of his uncle Priam, king of Troy
during the tenth year of the war, at the head of an ethopian army .
Covered by an armour forged by Hephaistos, it will kill Antilocus, son of Nestor and friend of Achilles.
He will face the last during while their mothers,both Goddess
Will plead their destiny in front of Zeus .

Memnon will succumbed in the duel.
His mother ,Eos, will obtained his immortality from Zeus

The crest which overhangs the Valley of the Kings is the legendary place of residence of the goddess Mert-Seger,protector of the craftsmen village of Deir el-Médineh ,which built the tombs of the Valley . In Arabic, this mountis named Al-Qurn (the horn). Mert Seger “girl of Maât, is the Goddess of Slence and reveals her secrets only to the right voices is also a funerary goddess, with the divine task to protect the tombs, hidden in silence and coolness.

It is within the Valley of the Kings that the tombs of the Pharaons de Nouvel Empire can be found ,from Djehoutymès III to Ramses XI. These tombs correspond to the residences of eternity of the Pharaons who are buried there. They are not only reserved to the kings of ancient Egypt, but also to the queens Valley of the Queens), to the princes and dignitaries (nobles, craftsmen). However the architecture of these tombs strongly depended on the hierarchical level of the deceased, with on the highest level the tombs of the Pharaons.

Citation:
The common architecture of these various tombs is as follows. The entry is characterised by a principal door opening on a long inclined corridor , composed of twelve door frames symbolising a cutting of the corridor in twelve sections corresponding at the twelve hours of the night. Each one of these sections is decorated with dfferent topics drawn from the Book of Amduat describing the journey of the solar god in the kingdom of the deads in order to reappear each day. The end of this corridor leads to a hall giving access to various rooms contained in the tomb. The royal sarcophagus, containing the royal mummy, in the upmost back -room, also decorated by accounts with the Book of Amdouat.

The sixty-three tombs of the valley are indexed under the names of KV1 with KV63 (Kv of the English Kings' valley, some being indexed WV for West Valley - also called valley of the monkeys - as WV22.

Among these tombs, only twenty-five have been identified as being royal burials, the others, either could not yet be identified, or belong to dignitaries. Among the royal burials, two belong to queens having controlled, Hatshepsut and Tausert

The largest tomb KV5, of the valley, was built to bury the children of Ramses II. Recent discoveries make it possible to estimate at a hundred and fifty the total number of rooms of the burial.

I visited three tombs: very impressive, one feels very small, especially if it is thought that the longer the person lived , more its tomb went down in-depth

mural of the tomb of Seti I pharaon of Egypt of the XIX dynasty, which ruled from -1294 to -127.9 Son of Ramses I, he is the father of the Pharaon Ramses II.His tomb KV17 remains ,to this day, the largest and the best preserved royal tombs of the valley .

The temple of Hatchepsut at Deir el Bahari
The funerary temple of the large royal wife Hatchepsut self -proclaimed Pharaon. She ordered this monument for her father Touthmôsis I and herself, choosing an inaccessible valley

When one is tired nothing better than the small trains

Modérateur
Modérateur

Australia -Red Center

MessagePosté le: 14/06/2010 05:54:50    Sujet du message: Egypt-Jordan- Israel Répondre en citant

Enough talk about the deaths, let us speak a little about the living ones and of which maintains them in life:cooking . Mr. Green
The Egyptian gastronomy being a mixture of many specialities of the mediterranean countries , breakfasts and meals throughout our voyage were a bit similar regardless of the contry visited ..... the sflavour of Turkey came back to me via the palate and the nostrils Mr. Green gourmand

The meals are based on the mezze principle : all the dishes are put on the table, and the guests pick at will, especially the entrees

You can be certain to find three small dishes on all the tables in restaurants: the tahini (cream at base of sesame oil), the hummus (mashed chick-peas with tahini ) and the baba ghanoush (mashed eggplants with tahii or other seasonings ). There are also salads… .
Modérateur
Modérateur

Australia -Red Center

MessagePosté le: 19/06/2010 04:52:57    Sujet du message: Egypt-Jordan- Israel Répondre en citant

Ok! I come back to our salads: most current :the “salata baladi”….not to confuse with the movie of the same name…. (cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, with or without green salad) a companion of voyage after having seen cucumbers and tomatoes every day ...at every meals told us that it had had enough of it for the remainder of his days: mrgreen: unless he returns to the Middle-East:!: There is another with cucumbers, yoghurt and garlic; and not to forget the tabouleh ,well known of all.

Main dishes : the foul, delicious Egyptian national dish although a little heavy; large brown broad beans lengthily cook instew and seasoned with oil, lemon and cumin .Hockery (mixture of rice, lentils , macaronis, onions fried with a touch of tomato sauce ) Meat kebab: pieces of grilled lamb. kofta: long meat skewer of sheep or dromedary chopped (Look a bit like a). Shawerma: sections of sheep , goat or chicken piled up in sandwiches

The bread the most used lavash , soft when it is fresh, crunching when it hardens. It is traditionally rolled, flattened then struck against the hot walls of a ground oven which looks more like a furnace….the furnace of the restaurant where we were pleased to see it done

Our attempts to do it gave few “el-regîf etla bat ” (breads out of shape) but good all the same

In Egypt, as elsewhere, some people drink and Egypt is a producer of wine, beer and spirits. I have already spoken about Egyptian Whiskey, but it should not be believed that it is the only drink which I had the pleasure of tasting
The two beverages most popular are the tea and the Turkish coffee..... Alas, too sweetened for m my taste, because the Egyptians love their drinks very sweet at any hour of days and the nights..... easily 4 or 5 spoon of sugar in a small cup of coffee. puzzled

Some of my favourite drinks were the karkadeh made with the bud of the hibiscus flower. It is served hot or cold, but I preferred it cold, the juice of lemon with mint, slightly sweetened, fruit Fresh fruit juices are served nearly everywhere, and the fruit used depend on the seasons.

The Egyptian wine are common kind of table wines, but the beer is excellent, especially the dark ones

puzzled euwall I forgot to mention falafels (broad bean croquettes with coriander) An egyptian speciality which spread in all the Middle-East then in the world
Modérateur
Modérateur

Australia -Red Center

MessagePosté le: 19/06/2010 07:24:51    Sujet du message: Egypt-Jordan- Israel Répondre en citant

From Luxor to Aswan passing by the lock of Esna

As the Nile does not have the same height everywhere, to go to or from Aswan, the boats must cross a lock. It is impressive to see one boat been lift, or dropped of at least 4 m in a few minutes Because there are a lot of boats, it is necessary to be patient when one arrives at the lock… 2 boats in 30 minutes….the merchants take good use of the waiting time … they throw their goods on board so that the intending purchasers can assess the quality of it; the unwanted articles take the same way and land in the boats… or in water. : lol

My night photos were not a success ,
, but I found a video which shows this magical moment.
All those cruise boats lets us believe we are close to a large city

Dernière édition par Teiwas le 19/06/2010 22:34:56; édité 1 fois
Roze
Conseil des Anciens
Conseil des Anciens

MessagePosté le: 19/06/2010 20:05:00    Sujet du message: Egypt-Jordan- Israel Répondre en citant

Je regarde toute tes belles images de ton voyage, me faisant ainsi découvrir le parcours que tu as fait, vu de par ton regard  amour

Et depuis le voyage, la réalité de l'Australie t'as t'elle rattrappée maintenant ou bien tu est encore en partie là bas ?  Laughing

kiss
Teiwas
Modérateur
Modérateur

Australia -Red Center

MessagePosté le: 19/06/2010 22:28:32    Sujet du message: Egypt-Jordan- Israel Répondre en citant

Je suis en grande partie là-bas, j'aimerais bien y retourner, il y a tant de choses à voir et à apprendre kiss
Conseil des Anciens
Conseil des Anciens

MessagePosté le: 21/06/2010 08:32:19    Sujet du message: Egypt-Jordan- Israel Répondre en citant

On dit que les voyages forment la jeunesse Laughing
Parcontre, il est de plus en plus important d'être bien ancré dans son corps, face au virtuel qui gagne du terrain sur notre réalité, afin de ne pas '' perdre pieds ''

kiss
Teiwas
Modérateur
Modérateur

Australia -Red Center

MessagePosté le: 23/06/2010 06:04:14    Sujet du message: Egypt-Jordan- Israel Répondre en citant

Edfu-Komombo- Aswan
We drop anchor close to the temple of Horus God of the sky, powerful and quarrelsome, which for the Greeks was the equivalent of Apollo,.
The temple is well preserved, because it remained hidden in sand,for a very longtime.

An excellent video better than my photos
siffle clind

Citation:
The discovery of the temple is credited to Auguste Mariette who undertook to dig it in the open , on the basis of information received from the inhabitants of the borough of Edfu built on the roof of the monument. The temple had been covered by the sand of the desert and the rubble piled up on it with time.

Small ballade downtown, then again sailing to Komombo, a double temple, dedicated to two distinct triads:

The left side is reserved for Horus, his wife Tasenetnofret, “the Sister of Kindness” and their son Panebtaouy, “the Lord of the Double Country”.
The southern part is dedicated to Sobek (god crocodile), his wife Hathor and their son Khonsu

These two divine entitiesrepresent two essential forces which animate the life of Egypt: water with Sobek, the light with Horus.

By visiting all those temples, one can appreciate the origin of the Trinity and the Holy of Holies of Christianity
Modérateur
Modérateur

Australia -Red Center

MessagePosté le: 23/06/2010 07:42:22    Sujet du message: Egypt-Jordan- Israel Répondre en citant

Edfu, Komombo, and Philae … all interesting temples … one with sensational views on the Nile … but I must put my photographs in order, because here is how they are mixed in my head
(Never delete photos on the camera because after everything else is out of wack)
We also a night of fun on the Melodie guess what was the theme for the night
Teiwasertitiat your service

Philae

(I find very practical the videos to share with you my experiments, the same way others have done… I thank the authors)

Dedicated to the worship of Isis, the temple started with Nectanebo Ist (XXXth dynasty) is the last temple of the Egyptian religion; in 540 of our era, the Byzantine emperor Justinien closed the temple and arrested the priests. At that time, the temple was then attended by the Blemmyes, fearfull Nubian tribes which still came to venerate the Isis goddess. This decree was the beginning of the end of the age of old Egypt because nobody was able to decipher the hieroglyphs.

The sharp colors of the temples gradually disappeared, because the waters first dam Aswan built in 1902,covered the island every year… then ...the temples were immersed permanently after the construction of the High Dam

The rescue campaign of the temples of Nubia organized by UNESCO, dealt with the disassembling of the sanctuaries of Philae in order to rebuild them on the nearby island of Agilkia. The island was beforehand reshaped to give it the shape of the original island Work lasted from 1972 to 1980. Alas the Nubians suffered from those changes: During the dam's construction and to counter the rise of water, several Nubian archaeological sites, (Abu Simbel and Philae amongst them) were dismounted stone by stone and moved on higher ground ,causing massive displacements of infrastructures and populations (primarily several hundreds of thousands of Nubians of Egypt);the Sudanese river port of Wadi Halfa for example was completely submerged and replaced by a new city at the edges of the new lake.

Dernière édition par Teiwas le 23/06/2010 09:09:27; édité 1 fois
Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: 04/12/2016 08:08:21    Sujet du message: Egypt-Jordan- Israel

Ce forum est verrouillé; vous ne pouvez pas poster, ni répondre, ni éditer les sujets.   Ce sujet est verrouillé; vous ne pouvez pas éditer les messages ou faire de réponses.    Forum sans frontières-without boundary Index du Forum -> Our quotidien- Everyday life -> carnets de voyages - trips diaries -> Archive 2010 Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Aller à la page: 1, 2  >
Page 1 sur 2

Sauter vers:  

Portail | Index | créer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation